By providing us your data, you warrant that you are over 13 years of age.
When possible, we aim to obtain your consent to collect and use your data. We may use consumer and technical data for marketing purposes and to execute our service offerings, such as webinars and email newsletters. We rely on our legitimate business interests, namely business growth, for the use of any data in addition to your consent.
We respect your privacy and your data. If you wish to withdraw consent or unsubscribe from any MacUninstallers communications, please contact us at [email protected]
Collection and Uses of Information
What information does MacUninstallers gather about its visitors, and how does MacUninstallers use that information?
Every computer connected to the internet is provided with a domain name (e.g., practicalecommerce.com) and an IP address (e.g., 192.168.1.100). When you connect to the MacUninstallers website, information about your use of the website is collected through cookies and access logs. MacUninstallers may rely on third-party services to collect such information, which could include:
- The IP address of the site that referred you;
- Your IP address;
- The web page from which you linked to us;
- The time and date of your visit to our site;
- The pages you visit and how you interact on our site;
- The product identifier for version and make of browser (e.g., Chrome 73.0.3681.86);
- The operating system that you are running (e.g., macOS, Windows, Linux); and
- Search words or terms that are passed from a search engine.
The purpose of gathering this information is two-fold. One, MacUninstallers has found it advantageous to examine visitor traffic in its aggregate so that we can ensure maximum compatibility for the various browsers and operating systems. Two, by analyzing these visitation patterns, referring URLs, and search engine terms, we can strategically enhance our exposure on the internet.
What about cookies?
You can choose to accept cookies or not by changing the settings of your browser. Typically, by accessing the browser’s help feature, you can obtain information on how to prevent your browser from accepting all cookies or notifying you when a cookie is being set. If you choose not to accept these cookies, your experience at our website and other websites may be diminished, and some features may not work as intended.
By browsing our website without blocking cookies, you authorize us to track cookies in this way.
What other information does MacUninstallers request?
To facilitate webinars on our site, we request your name, email address, phone number, job title, organization name, and country location. We use this information to process your registration for the webinar. We share it with Unbounce (our webinar registration platform) and the webinar sponsor. The sponsor and MacUninstallers may use this information for marketing communications to you. When you register for the webinar, you also provide your consent to this use.
You can unsubscribe from marketing communications sent by MacUninstallers in the body of emails or by sending us an email to [email protected] We require all webinar sponsors to protect and respect your data. If you wish to unsubscribe from any communications from sponsors, you can reach out to them directly. MacUninstallers is not responsible for the actions of our sponsors or other third parties.
We may also request your email address or mailing address for conducting a survey, adding you to our mailing list, or to contact you from your inquiry.
Whenever we request the identity of a visitor, we will clearly indicate the purpose. We will not sell, rent, or otherwise transfer your email address to a third party without your consent.
Will MacUninstallers disclose the information collected to third parties?
MacUninstallers will disclose your personal information or any of its log file information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such actions are necessary for the following circumstances.
- Confirm the edicts of the law or comply with a legal process served on MacUninstallers.
- Protect and defend the rights or property of MacUninstallers or visitors of MacUninstallers.
- Identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties.
- Cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.
- For necessary services from vendors, such as technology and system administration providers.
- To professionals retained by MacUninstallers, such as lawyers, accountants, and insurers.
- Government organizations that require us to report data-related activities.
- To Unbounce and webinar sponsors per your consent during the registration process.
- To third parties to whom we sell, transfer, or merge parts of our business or assets.
MacUninstallers uses reasonable precautions to keep the information disclosed to us secure.
We require all third parties to respect and protect your data and act according to relevant laws. We are not responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties that receive the information.
MacUninstallers also provides links to a wide variety of other websites on the internet. We are not responsible for their privacy policies or how those websites manage information about their users. We strongly urge you to check with them to determine the terms of their privacy policies.
What rights do you have in your personal data?
According to data protection laws, you have certain rights related to your personal data and its use. You have the right to request access to your data and the rights of correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, and portability. You also have the right to object to processing and to withdraw any previous consent.
If you wish to exercise these rights, please email us at [email protected] We will try to respond promptly to your requests.